So guess what?
And by Lord Voldemort, I mean me, as in Alice.
We’re basically the same.
So anyways, I am so sorry for not posting in forever! Our last post was Chesh about 2 months ago. Mine was like January.
Yeah, I guess school and life caught up with us.
But now it’s summer again! I hope to post more, and coerce Chesh and The Red Queen into doing so as well.
I’ve read some good books! But right now, I thought we should talk about…..
THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS.
EXCITEMENT AND WORRIES AND SO MANY EMOTIONS.
Before I freak out and analyze too much, here is the information.
Release Date: October 7, 2014
“Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them, and they’re stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake. The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance
Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it might be able to stop a war between the two camps. The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea’s army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.”
There are SO MANY things I must talk about. Here are some of them in a semi-organized bulleted list.
- THE COVER. If you’ll scroll up and examine it, you’ll see some giants, and above them, what I believe to be Frank and Jason, and….. Hazel? Maybe? I think it’s Hazel on the right. Design wise, it’s not my favorite cover, but I’ll take it. I’d also like to draw your attention to the UK cover, released a few days ago:
Well, look at those strapping seven young folks! Who- oh, you mean those are THE seven? Wow. Frank gives the impression of Orlando Bloom, if you zoom in.
Yeah, that is NOT how I imagine them. So attractive, so fashionably dressed! Is Hazel three years older? Is Leo tall? Piper has got one SCARY BLADE. I am angry that Percy still looks like Logan Lerman? This is strange.
These are some fabulous and fierce warriors in the UK. Yeah, Gaea, you bettah run.
I’m also worried about the scary Gaea eyes at the bottom. Creeeeeepy.
Let’s make a petition for Viria to do a new cover and character art.
If you’re not familiar with Viria, observe:
(I especially love her Leo.)
That was a long bullet point. The bottom line is, covers are weird. Especially British covers.
- I AM STILL SO WORRIED FROM THE TITLE. JUST THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS. THE BLOOD, WE ALREADY KNOW THEY NEED DEMIGOD BLOOD.
- I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT LEO IN GENERAL AND MY WELL BEING IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO HIM.
- Will Percy find out about Nico? Poor Nico. I love Nico
- THE BATTLE AT CAMP HALF BLOOD! UAHBGBAFFGHAFH
- I WANT TYSON AND GROVER AND ELLA IN THE BOOK AND I WANT THEM TO STAY SAFE
- I miss Grover a lot aaah
- Also I hope nothing happens to dear Frank.
- or Hazel
- or PERCY OR ANNABETH OR PERCABETH BREAK THEM AND I WILL BREAK YOU
- or ANYONE.
I should probably stop before I have a conniption..
This post was probably like 3 years long, but I hope you enjoyed it. I’ll probably be posting a review soon. I’ll try to get my cohorts to post, and I bid you a good day!